Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Pec Injuries

Posted by: MNLifter

I have a question regarding pec injuries/tears. I normally train more along the lines of a bodybuilder - I do however like to use relatively high weight lower rep sets on bench. I have worked up to sets of 285 for four sets of five reps - problem is I have developed a soreness in my pec tendon in my left pec right where it attaches to the humurus. My brain is telling me to lay off, on the other hand I am approaching my all time greatest level of strength and it is hard to bring myself to lighten up the weights/increase the reps. Any advice?

This happened one other time when I was working with heavier weights on bench press. Is there anything that I can do to prevent injury and still push heavier weights? Is there any way to determine whether there is some degree of structural damage or if it is just soreness? Thanks in advance for any feedback that you can provide.

Re: Pec Injuries

Posted by: JohnRov

You''ll be headed for an all-time low if you really get injured. Listen to your body, ice your pec after workouts. Lay off the bench and work on tris, shoulders, and heavy back work. All of these play a role in increasing your bench. Get the bar lower on your chest, toward your lower pecs/upper abs, this allows you to lift more and takes the direct strain off the pecs.

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]