Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Negative Reps Workout

Posted by: Venom

how if at all will Negatives help improve my bench? I am also wondering if static movements have any place in strength conditioning

Re: Negative Reps Workout

Posted by: Guy

I have been doing negatives for about a month or so now from what I can see they help by getting your body used to heavier weight. What I mean is that when my max bench was around 350 I was doing negatives with 385 which was heavy but it got my tendons and mind used to that much weight coming down. The biggest thing that hurting me was the weight on the way down was so heavy it would syche me out.

Now my bench is 370 and I am doing negatives with 405 and I feel better than ever. Also something to consider you do not build muscle only on the explosion you also build on the way down. By doing negatives you are introducing a diffrent load on your muscles therefor promoting growth.

Hope this helps.....

Re: Negative Reps Workout

Posted by: Txlifte

Negative really help my squat and bench press. I was having problems dealing with the weight across my back but putting 430 on the squat bar made 400 feel light and 280 on the bench helped me gat use to the weights that seemed inpossiable before. Half of a lift is telling your self that it is light and you can do it.

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]