Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Scientific Bodybuilding

Posted by: Jim Gustin (jgustin13@aol.com)

I am so tired of reading everyone's personal opinion about what works and what doesn't work. Isn't there a book out there that is based on scientific research? Please, someone tell me there's a book that is written by a true authority, with weight training and diet advice based on disciplined, defendable research.

Re: Scientific Bodybuilding

Posted by: Steve (reade@agt.net)

A good book on nutrition is Optimum Sports Nutrition by Dr. Micheal Colgan. Good ones for weight training programs are Designing Resistance Training Programs and Periodization Breakthrough both are by Steven J Fleck and William J Kramer and are based on research. Good books to read and make YOUR OWN programs from.

Re: Scientific Bodybuilding

Posted by: D Varona (dvarona@mobius-inc.com)

I have found an excellent reference in a book by Fred Hatfield titled "Hardcore Bodybuilding: A Scientific Approach." It contains more data than I've seen anywhere else, almost more than you can get your arms around. My only concern with it is that it's been some years since it was published, and it's not clear what other research since then would be useful. But it's an excellent start!

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]