Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Building Bigger Arms

Posted by: brandon (b_mex13@hotmail.com)

I'm trying to get bigger arms, and I've already improved from 12 1/2in to 14in just working from spring to summer. I've been doing curl, alt dumbell curl, and isolation curl, and a reverse curl for my triceps. I was wondering if I could get some more tips on how to pump up my arms, and maybe some tips on building up my shoulders and my forearms.

Re: Building Bigger Arms

Posted by: john (jwm878s@smsu.edu)

Squat, Deadlift, Bench press. Worry less about training arms directly and work on these basic multijoint lifts. If you can squat 400, deadlift 500 and bench 300 do you think you'll have huge arms? Absolutely. I would also do weighted dips and chin-ups, barbell rows, military presses for upper body. I would split it up into about a three day split like chest/back on monday, legs on wednesday and shoulders/arms on friday. If you must train arms, only do one type of curls like a preacher curl and go all out for 3 sets. For triceps I would reccommend the pullover and press. It wasn't until I cut down on arm training that i started to grow from 11.5 to 14.5. Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck with it.

Re: Building Bigger Arms

Posted by: KB (King_ofBeasts@yahoo.com)

I agree with the previous entry in regards to the heavy compound work (Squats, Deadlifts, Heavy Bench). Heavy (4-7 reps to failure) work is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY when increasing size, and by increasing the size of the body's largest muscles (QUADS, and LATS), your entire body is stimulated to grow. HOWEVER, do NOT exclude arm training from your workout regimen. Simply set aside ONE DAY to concentrate on your arm work...and NO you do not need an additional arm day because you risk OVERTRAINING. 3 heavy sets each of BARBELL Curls, Tricep Pushdowns, Hammer Curls, Lying Tricep Extensions (Skull Crushers) and eating lots of Low Fat PROTEIN is how I built my guns (I went from 160lbs and 15.5" arms to 185lbs and 17" arms) Stay STRONG.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]