Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

Featured Diet
Weight Loss Product

Buy Get Lean Quick
14 Day Fat Loss Click here!

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Optimal Fat Burning Zone

Posted by: Laura

Hello! I am 24 years-old. I am 5'1, 130 lbs, 29% body fat. I'm evenly-portioned and have muscle so to the average person I don't look fat, but I have gained a few lbs I would like to lose. 10-15 lbs actually. I've been going to the gym regularly since the end of November, about 3-5 days a week. I have been stuck at 130 the whole time. I have a few questions...

I eat well, cereal for breakfast, leftovers or a sandwich for lunch, homemade dinner. One snack at night (every other night I allow myself a treat like maybe a few cookies with milk or a sliver of pie). Am I eating enough? Is "starvation mode" true? If I don't eat enough, my body will hold onto my fat? How many calories should I be eating?

Is the "fat-burning zone" for your heart rate when exercising true? For me that is walking on a treadmill at 3.0 mph on an incline of 5 or so. I usually go for 45 min. then bike for 15 min. This is 4-5 days a week.. I also do an hour-long weight-lifting class 2 days a week and yoga one day a week. Abs class about 3 days a week. Why am I not seeing a difference? Should I be running and in the cardio zone instead of walking in the fat-burning zone? Or has it just not been long enough to see results? There hasn't been a change on the scale or in how my clothes fit. They're still tight and i'm still spilling over.

Please help.

Thank you.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Please Click On Our Sponsors

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription