Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Bodybuilding Lunges Technique

Posted by: Iris

I am a 31 year old woman from Germany. I am already in good shape but I would like to improve my body composition a little (gaining lean body mass without gaining weight in general. I am weight-training 2-3 times/week, doing 8-10 reps/3 series. I would like to foucs on lunges as a primary leg-exercise but I have the following problem: When I use a barbell I cannot use the weight I need to challenge my legs properly for I cannot balance a bar that heavy on my shouldes and with dumbbells the problem is even more pronounced for I cannot hold an adequate weight in my hands. Is there another way to use lunges as an muscle building exercise without balancing so much weighton the shoulders/in my hands? I mean I could increase the number of repititions but that wouldn`t help in gaining some muscle...Is it reasonable to put the leg that is behind on a step for I feel that increases the intensity! Thank you!

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription