Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Do protein shakes help you lose weight

Posted by: Big Pete

My question is about protein shakes...I have been overweight most of my life, but have always weight trained off and on through and after high school. I have never really been a dieter and just accepted the fact that I was a "Big Guy". Well 2 months ago I saw a picture of myself on my new chopper and said "Damn that's BS, I'm way to BIG!"; I had reached a weight of 394 pounds, so I started eating healthy. I'm following a High Protein Diet of Fish and Chicken and Green Veggies, with lots of water and a multivitamin packet everyday. 1 Month into my new eating lifestyle I dropped about 9 pounds, so I started weight and cardio training because I felt so good, it worked, I dropped another 15 pounds. I am currently into half of my third month and weighing in at 359, 35 Pounds lost! So I'm on track and feeling like the Defensive tackle in High School again...My question..Is it okay to start taking protein shakes pre and post workout for a 32 year old, 6'1", 359 pond Man? I have heard that it would make me start gaining more weight and that it is not necessary, and some say it is good because if the HIIT training I'm doing in the gym...whats your take? I consume about 200g of protein and 50g of carbs through food, not counting calories...Thanks, Big Pete

Re: Do protein shakes help you lose weight

Posted by: Paul

Personally I don't recomend protein shake to people trying to lose weight.

If you want to get exact protein without extra cars and calolories I suggest Amino Acid capsules such at Nitrobol see https://www.trulyhuge.com/nitrobol.htm

Best,

Paul

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription