Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

circuit training vs traditional weight training

Posted by: Zaheer

I am a 31 year old male (weight 172 lbs; height 5’ 6”) and have to lose at least 20 lbs to have a healthy BMI. I have started eating healthier and have also started exercising regularly at home (± 1 hours, 6 days per week). I have 2 questions:

Is it better to combine exercises in the form of a circuit and then complete 3 circuits with minimal rest between exercises (short rest between circuits) OR is it better to complete 3 sets of each exercise before moving on to the next? I would the former would be better as it allows me to maintain a higher heart rate for longer. Am I right?

What are the best exercises for burning away belly fat?

Re: circuit training vs traditional weight training

Posted by: Paul

Circuit training is better for the goal of weight loss.

There is no exercise that can spot reduce fat, only correct diet and cardio will reduce bodyfat and it will not come off the stomach first, actually that is usually the last part of the body to get lean.

Best,

Paul

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription