Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

why do my muscles shrink after working out

Posted by: Max

I workout maybe 4 to 5 days a week,and I do get some sleep but when I'm lifting i feel very strong and can see change in figure but within 2 or 3 days I'm back to no muscles or difference in my body, I have a flabby stomach and very flabby chest but I do the bench press, flys and a lot of push ups but nothing ever seems to stay in regards to muscles, what is should I do?

Re: why do my muscles shrink after working out

Posted by: Paul

You didn't give much details about your workouts but I will try to help you as best as I can.

The problem could be:

1) You are simply getting a pump during your workouts by using lighter weights and doing high reps, if this is the case the pump will go away and your muscles will look the same. You have to use heavier weights and work in the 6 to 8 reps range to build muscle and you have to increase the weight you lift over time, if you are curling 50 pounds today and still curling 50 pounds in a month your muscles have no reason to grow.

1) You are allowing too much time between training each body part, I know many people say to train a body part once a week or even less often, this may work for steroid users but now for you and me, you need to train each body part at least twice a week if you want to see progress otherwise the muscle starts shrinking after 3 to 4 days.

I hope this helps,

Paul

Posted by: Darren

I agree with Paul. I've been lifting on/off for 26 years and find my muscles need to be hit at least twice a week to grow. 48-96 hours after training, my muscles are full and rockhard. Once 96 hours passes they start to soften and lose size.

Posted by: Darren

I find 5-10 reps the best rep range for muscle building. I start with 5 reps then build upto 8-10 before adding a bit more weight, then drop to 5-6 and work up again. Sometimes I do power work for 5-1 reps and higher reps but mostly its 5-10 reps

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription