Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Russian Powerlifting

Open letter of Vladimir Maximov

From September 27 to October 2, 2011 in Yekaterinburg, held the World Cup Powerlifting and Bench Press WPC, in which I participated. I have started with a weight of 260 kg in RAW division. There were three referees: I.Umerenkov, Y.Ustinov, D. Chertushkin probably have agreed not to set off my results on these competitions. They were given enormous “pause”, contrary to the rules of WPC, it was witnessed by whole room full of people. After the end of my competition Umerenkov said: "Why did you go to 272.5? if 260 kg would be repeated - we would have given you a white signals ". Athletes come up to me, and asked what happened, why I was treated so badly. I could not say anything to them, as more obscure and incorrect refereeing for the past 11 years my career I have never seen.

I believe that sport should be fair, without personal ambitions and preferences. Must respect the athletes who train hard, prepare for a competition, and such conduct of judges and the president of the federation WPC-Russia is unacceptable. Moreover, this judging shows how the president of federation and the judges are treating the athletes. It seems that they are primarily interested in the financial aspect. The Federation has long been turned into a business. All the activities of the federation aims to earn money, which is distributed among narrow group of people.

I've repeatedly suggested that rewards should be given not only to the absolute winners, but winners in each category. By the way, the promise was given to us by WPC Russia, when federation WPC Russia was organized.

I do not quite understand the situation with the organization of the World Cup WPC. First of all, this tournament was not scheduled in the calendar 2011. The level of organization of competitions held under the auspices of the Federation of WPC Sverdlovsk region, whose president is D. Chertushkin, extremely low for this level of competition: the lack of spectators, holding training sessions for young wrestlers, boxers during our performances on a stage ... - all this confirms the material interest of the organizers of this event.

I am extremely angry of annoying behavior of judges and event organizers to me and I consider it impossible to participate in competitions under WPC. I would like to suggest to all athletes to think twice about whether to continue their lifting in this federation. Today they have mistreated me, tomorrow, they will mistreat you.

I wish all the athletes health and successful lifting on the platform!

Video: https://svarog.lysva.ru/galery/video/1/

World and European Champion
Champion of Russia
Vladimir Maximov

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription