Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

bodybuilding supplements recommended dosage

Posted by: Josh

I was wondering if the recommended dosage of supplements like creatine monohydrate, HMB, CLA, and vanadyl sulfate should be adjusted according to bodyweight. Do you have any information on this?

Re: bodybuilding supplements recommended dosage

Posted by: Bill

It seems to make sense that a 125-pound woman would not need to take the same amount of HMB as a 220-lb guy. Unfortunately, no studies have been done to answer this particular question. Logic would seem to dictate that if a 220-lb guy gets good results using 3 grams of HMB a day, a 125-lb lady should get good results by using 2 grams a day.

It also seems to make sense that if a 220-lb bodybuilder gets good results using a maintenance dose of 10 grams a day of creatine monohydrate, then a lady who weighs 125 lbs might only need 5 grams per day. I would think the same would be true for other supplements. By the same token, guys who weigh over 220 lbs might need to take more of these supplements to get optimal results. For example, I know some big bodybuilders (275 pounders) use a maintenance dose of 30 grams of creatine monohydrate a day!

You can assume that the dosages talked about most often online are basically for guys who weigh between 150 and 220 pounds. If you're in that range, you probably don't need to make any adjustments. If you're not in that weight range, you might think about slightly decreasing or increasing your supplement intake in an attempt to "tailor" the dosage to fit your particular physiological needs. Hopefully, future research will provide us with more "exact" info.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription