Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

bodybuilding mistakes to avoid

Posted by: Ron

What do you think are the most common mistakes bodybuilders make that keep them from gaining size and strength?

Re: bodybuilding mistakes to avoid

Posted by: Bill

First of all, I think most bodybuilders work out too often and for too long. The amount of muscle size and strength you build is not determined by the amount of time you spend in the gym. If it were, there would be a lot more big and strong bodybuilders around!

I think short, intense workouts that give your body the proper "stimulus" for new muscle growth without dipping too far into its "recovery potential" are best. I recommend that people only work out with weights three or four times a week and for no more than an hour at a time.

Another mistake I think bodybuilders make is they don't feed their bodies often enough throughout the day. I believe that to keep your body in an optimal state for building new muscle tissue, you've got to have a constant influx of nutrients into the body and very stable insulin levels. The best way to accomplish this is to eat a nutrient-rich carbohydrate and protein-containing meal around every three hours throughout the day.

Another mistake bodybuilders make is that they just don't "plan" well enough. Remember that old saying, "If you fail to plan, you're really planning to fail"? Well, when it comes to bodybuilding, that's completely true! If you don't use an exercise and nutrition log, you might want to think about it. It's a great way to keep track of your progress (or lack of progress), and it's a great tool for "troubleshooting" your bodybuilding program.

And, finally, I think many bodybuilders could make better gains if they learned how to use bodybuilding supplements properly. Unfortunately, in my opinion, there are more supplements on the market that don't work than ones that do. You've got to have the knowledge about which ones to use and which ones to avoid. Even if you're using the best supplements, you've got to know how to take them--even the best supplements, used in a haphazard way, will probably not produce the desired results.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription