Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Do push ups increase bench press

Posted by: Brad

I want to have a big chest and bench press a lot of weight. My chest routine is bench press, incline bnench press and flat bench dumbbell flys. I am thinking of adding pushups at the end to really finich off my chest. Is this a good idea? Do push-ups increase your bench press max?

Re: Do push ups increase bench press

Posted by: Ted

Intensity is everything when you train and is something that is vitally important when breaking through a plateau that you might have reached. One can effectively go beyond the point of failure when doing something like push-ups. This will have two vitally important benefits to increase your ability to increase your bench-press. The first is that it will get you familiar with what failure is and how to develop your attitude to training to the point of failure and beyond. Secondly it will give you a "pump" by pushing all the blood into your chest and that will have a major beneficial effect on the slow twitch or white muscles fibers of your chest as well as the rest of your body.

For more information go to Best Bench Press Program

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription