Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

Featured Diet
Weight Loss Product

Buy Get Lean Quick
14 Day Fat Loss Click here!

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Running vs walking for fat burning

Posted by: Kelly

Hello, I've been trying to start running for a while but the pain has always demotivated me and I've stopped. Finally managed to carry on but I'm getting really bad pain in the middle of my shin that feels behind it.

I'm not doing to much to soon and following a couch to 5k 9 week program. I have good quality running shoes and I found online some exercises for shin splints that I do before I go out which helped a bit but I'm still in agony!

I am over weight which is why I'm trying to run. It kind of feels like a catch 22...

Would wearing support on my lower legs help or using a deep heat spray?

Thanks if you can help...

Kelly

Re: Running vs walking for fat burning

Posted by: Paul

That is one of the biggest problems with running, it is too high impact and your body ends up taking a pounding which causes shin splints and other injuries.

The truth is that brisk walking is not only safer but it also burns more fat then running does.

Best,

Paul

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Please Click On Our Sponsors

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription