Make Your Own Bodybuilding Supplements
It is widely believed that a regimen of bodybuilding supplements is necessary to achieve the most muscle mass and strength that you can if you are serious about bodybuilding. It is also a fact that these commercial supplements can stretch your budget. Some personal trainers believe that you can cut these supplement manufacturers loose and prepare some of your own homemade bodybuilding supplements.
1. Homemade Bodybuilding Shakes – Protein shakes are one of the most common and popular supplements that bodybuilders use. They contain whey protein powder. With a can of whey protein powder and some milk and bananas you can make a shake with plenty of protein and carbohydrates that packs an energy punch. The good thing about bananas is that they release their energy slowly, so if you drink a homemade shake before you work out, throw in a banana. Here’s how:
· 1 cup of skim milk
· ½ cup of cottage cheese (low in fat)
· 1 banana
· 1 scoop of vanilla flavored whey protein powder
· A handful of ice cubes.
· Combine in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Homemade Protein Bars – It may not seem like it, but homemade protein bars are quite easy to make. A homemade protein bar is a lot more convenient to carry around than a jug of supplements or a big drink bottle with a shake in it. Here’s a good protein bar recipe to try that uses 16 ounces of peanut butter, whey protein powder, raw oats, and skim milk:
· Melt the peanut butter in the microwave.
· Stir in the protein powder.
· Add the oats to thicken the mixture.
· Add the milk (enough to allow you to add more protein powder).
· Let the mixture sit overnight to harden.
You can even add things like nuts and raisins to make a more interesting bar.
3. High Protein Bodybuilding Snacks – For a great protein-filled snack or dessert, scoop about 3 tablespoons of vanilla ice cream into a bowl and let it soften. When it is somewhat melted, mix in 2 teaspoons of peanut butter and two scoops of whey. Mash a banana with a fork and mix it in.
These recipes do require you to purchase some of the basic bodybuilding supplements like whey protein powder, but they will go farther when used in your recipes and what you make using them can replace other products that you would otherwise purchase.
If you don't want to buy protein powder, it's not totally nessary. You can use powdered milk and/or powdered eggs instead. Any of these make your own bodybuilding supplements recipes can be made with powdered milk and/or powdered eggs instead of commercial protein powder.