Decide NOW to live a healthier and active life, then take immediate action to make your weight loss decision work for you.
* As with all weight control programs, it is advisable to consult a physician or health professional before you begin.
* Keep accurate records of your weight loss...Weigh yourself regularly and determine body-fat composition.
* Make Healthy Eating a Habit...If you eat between meals, enjoy raw broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, lettuce or spinach to satisfy hunger pangs and boost valuable nutrient intake. As a dressing, simply use lemon juice or vinegar and olive oil with fresh ground pepper.
* Avoid unhealthy carbs, sugar, sweets, white bread, excess salt, alcoholic beverages and cola drinks. Drink only water (at least 64 oz. daily), decaffeinated coffee and nutritious herbal teas.
* You may eat high-protein, lean meats such as poultry, lean beef or fish. Increase daily fiber intake.
* Avoid "cold cuts" such as corned beef, bacon, salami, frankfurters, etc. because they're high in saturated fats, unhealthy additives and preservatives.
* To avoid temptation, remove all unhealthy junk food from the kitchen and throughout the house.
* Make a space in your home where you can exercise comfortably. Exercise is very important to general health and well-being. Depending on your own physical condition, it is beneficial to participate in a sensible exercise program combining both "Aerobic" and "Anaerobic" activities on a regular basis.
* Aerobic Exercise: This is defined as exercise "with oxygen." The oxygen is used to produce new energy so the exercise can be continued over long periods of time (15 minutes or longer.) These exercises help achieve optimum cardiovascular fitness and can help reduce body fat. Examples are swimming, jogging, skiing, hiking, walking at a brisk pace, and bicycling.
* Anaerobic Exercise: These are exercises done in short, fast spurts. These exercises can help to build muscle while improving speed, power and strength. Examples of good anaerobic exercise are regular weight-training, swimming 50 yards, running 100 yard sprints at a fast pace. Reduce Stress: Calm your mind, relax your body and set realistic goals. Do not over eat to deal with stress.