Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

weight lifting pyramid training

Posted by: Eddie

hi..i am currently using a pyramid principle weightlifting routine.I have increased the weight an extra 5 lbs for each set..but i find that i reach muscle failure about half-way through the remaining last 2 sets...my sets go 12-10-10...i get the first set of 12 reps done right..no failure..but the 2 and 3 set i experience muscle failure..usually around #5 or 6..What i have been doing is resting about 15 seconds..then finishing the set...is this correct?..or should i just go lighter until i can do all sets completely..{I rest between sets 1 to 1-1\2 minute }..Thanks for any advice you can give..Eddie..

Re: weight lifting pyramid training

Posted by: Paul

A correct weightlifting pyramid has you add weight and lower reps with each set, for example 12, 10, 8, 6.

If you can't make the reps that means you added too much weight or started with too much weight to begin with.

If you want to put on muscle as fast as possible checkout Muscle Express Training.

All the best,

Paul

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription