Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Double split training routines

Posted by: Paul

Many people have asked me "What is a double split routine?" and "Is a double split workout routine needed to reach the highest level of development?".

I will attempt to answer both these questions as best as I can.

Double split training or working out twice a day was used by Arnold Schwarzenegger, and many other bodybuilders in the 1970's, such as Serge Nubret, Frank Zane, Franco Columbu, etc. They would workout for two hours in the morning, eat lunch and then lay on the beach and nap, eat again and then workout for another 2 hours in the afternoon. Arnold said that after the meals and nap, he would be full of energy and raring to go for his afternoon workout.

You have to remember these were profession bodybuilders who didn't have any other job besides bodybuilding. And they took steroids to help their recovery abilities.

For most natural working bodybuilders, working out once a day, four days a week will get them the best results.

But if you are an advanced bodybuilder and you want to give the double split training a try, I suggest doing it only for the last few weeks before a contest. I also recommend you keep each workout to under an hour.

To learn more about the best workouts routines for bodybuilding checkout Muscle Express The Fastest Way To Gain Muscle Mass.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription