Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Mike Mentzer Heavy Duty Nutrition

Posted by: Paul

I started bodybuilding back in 1978 and since then I have read every book and article that Mike Menzer has written. I also listened to every tape and watched every video. I even got to be personally trained by Mike back in 1999 when I lived in California. So I have become something of an authority on Mike Mentzers Heavy Duty training and nutrition principles.

One of the questions I get asked is about Mike Mentzer nutrition and how did Mike Mentzer eat?

Mike believed nutrition was basically simple and felt it was all about giving the body energy. He ate a diet high in carbohydrates to fuel his high intensity workouts. Back when he was competing he would eat the following:

Breakfast
Two Bran muffins with butter, 1 slice seven-grain toast, two figs and two or three cups of coffee.

After Workout
Milk and egg protein drink and fresh fruit such as pineapple or grapes.

Mid Afternoon Meal
Baked potato and more fresh fruit.

Final Meal
Two chicken breasts, a salad, corn of the cob, and occasionally some ice cream.

To fully understand the Mike Mentzer nutrition and heavy duty training principles, I suggest you get the Mike Mentzer Underground Seminar

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription