Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Mike Mentzer negative reps

Posted by: Mark

I have read a few articles on how Mike Mentzer trained and probably like most lifters I've always been skeptical. But clearly it paid dividends for him.

My question is, did Mike Mentzer incorporate very slow negative reps into any of his sets?

Re: Mike Mentzer negative reps

Posted by: Paul

When Mike Menter was training to compete in bodybuilding, he world do a set to positive failure (when he could no longer lift the weight up) he would have his training partner lift the weight for him and he would do as many slow negative reps, until he could no longer keep the weight from moving downward too fast (negative failure).

He later felt this was too much stress and lead to burn out, so when he trained me, for example on leg curl after I reached positive failure he had me hold the contracted position as long as I could and then he has me lower it as slow as I could for just 1 negative rep. But this wasn't something that was done on every set, it was just an occasional way to increase intensity.

You really should learn as much as you can about Mike Mentzer's full training theory by watching the Mike Mentzer's Underground Seminar Video and see exactly what the workouts looked like in the gym, including exercises, form, rep speed, etc., by watching the Mike Mentzer Workout Video.

If you have any other questions about Mike Mentzer or High Intensity Training email me and I'll get back to you with an answer as quick as I can.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription