Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Mike Mentzer calorie intake

Posted by: Mark

I have been reading about Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty Training. He was pretty huge and ripped in his day, what would you say his daily calorie intake was?

Thank you,

Mark

Re:Mike Mentzer calorie intake

Posted by: Paul

When Mike was training for competitive bodybuilding his average daily calorie intake was about 2,000. But this doesn't mean this is the right amount for you or your body, if you want to follow Mike Mentzer's diet advice you have to understand the following:

Mike Mentzer Calories

Mike recommended that to find your own personal maintenance level of calories you should keep track of everything you eat or drink for a week, and then count up the calories for the week and then divide that number by 7. If you don't gain or lose weight in that week that would be you daily maintenance level of calories.

Then if you want to lose weight you would go below that calorie intake.

Or if you want to gain weight you would go above that number of calories.

Mike Mentzer Macronutrient Ratio

Mike recommended 60 percent carbohydrates, 25 percent protein and 15 percent fat.

He also was the inventor of Flexible Dieting or the If It Fits Your Macros approach, as he said it was okay to occasional have alcohol, ice cream, candy, etc. as long as you keep within your calorie intake and macronutrient ratio.

To learn all about Mike Mentzer's diet you should read the Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty Nutrition Book.

If you have any other questions about Mike Mentzer or High Intensity Training email me and I'll get back to you with an answer as quick as I can.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription