Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Static Hold vs Isometric

Posted by: John

Is a static positive contraction against an immovable object equal to a static negative contraction holding a weight in the contracted position and fighting the back pressure? If they are different, is one superior?

Re: Static Holds With Weights vs Isometric Exercise

Posted by: Paul

In a static hold you take a weight that is heavier than you regularly use and you hold it in the fully contacted position until you can't anymore and then you lower it as slowly as you can.

With isometrics you either work your muscles against each other or against some fixed object.

The missing element in isometrics is fighting the negative pressure during the holding and the lowering.

Both Arthur Jones and Mike Mentzer said the "Negative work" is one of the most important factors for increasing strength and building muscle mass.

So, while there are benefits to isometrics, static holds with weights is the superior form of exercise.

You should watch the Mike Mentzer HIT Workout Video it will answer many of your questions on how to do high intensity training correctly.

If you have any other questions about Mike Mentzer or High Intensity Training email me and I'll get back to you with an answer as quick as I can.

Best,

Paul

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription